Re: Status of ruby1.9 transition (plans)

On 07/01/2008, Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso wrote:
> Ruby 1.9 is not a production release. This only pretend to cover new
> things, and test them for the upcoming Ruby 2.0 version! This will
> ever be a non-production release.
>
> Such as GNOME, the impar (2.17, 2.19...) versions aren`t packaged
> because are DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS.
>
> Why pack it?

Well, reading [1], in particular [2]:
,---
| Ruby 1.9.1 is supposed to be released in december 2007, and will be
| ruby's stable release.
`---

 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2007/10/threads.html
 2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2007/10/msg00009.html

Whether it is a stable, production, or development release is not up to
me, just asking about the timeframe of such a 1.9(.x) package to be able
to deal with my packages as smoothly as possible.

Cyril Brulebois