rubygems broken?

Rubygems in Debian is at version 0.9.4 whereas upstream is at 1.0.1
right now. If I'm not mistaken, starting at 1.0, gems has started to
update itself automatically, which in turn means that it installs a
version that doesn't include the Debian-specific patches.

I've broken my gem configuration once by doing a gem update --system. I
think I've cleaned it up completely afterwards, but there may have
remained some residual brokenness.

So, it might be that the problem I'm experiencing is entirely my own
fault, but it might as well be that something in the Debian gems
packages was broken by recent upstream changes. That's the fun you get
when mixing to package management systems.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de