Re: Packaging Policy

Hello

> As you probably know, build/install tools in Ruby tend to suck
> very badly,
> so perhaps the change won't be as trivial as we would like to.

About that, I wanted to say that I've been developping for my own needs a replacement for mkmf.rb which aims at full (if possible) compatibility with the previous one, wile allowing much more control over the installation process. It's there:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/mkmf2/

I would definitely be interested in more feedback. I know several features are still missing, but it is quite functionnal. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to contribute, please send me an email.

Thanks !

Vincent Fourmond