Re: Remove ruby1.6 ?

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:37:51AM +0900, Fumitoshi UKAI wrote:

Hi,

> I'm summarizing current status of packages that depend on ruby1.6
> on http://wiki.debian.org/RemoveRuby16.
> If you find the error or you have more information, please let me know or
> update this page.
>
> I'm wondering I should submit bug as well to packages that generate
> both -ruby1.6 and -ruby1.8 to change generate only -ruby1.8 (or with
> -ruby1.9).  What do you think about it?

I'll start submitting wishlist bugs with patches against those packages
(excluding yours Fumitoshi) to get this transition rolling, as i suppose
it will take some time get all -ruby1.6 packages removed.

Perhaps we could use a consistent usertag for tagging these bugs as this
should be less work than updating the wiki page for each bug? Or do you
prefer linking to bts from the wiki?

Addidionally someone could add the wiki page to:
http://wiki.debian.org/OngoingTransitions

Regards,
Stefan