eruby, .rhtml, and apache2 -- How?

I am working with some .rhtml examples and would like to install eruby
to handle them in apache2.  I can run eruby on a .rhtml page fine and
get expected text/html out.  I can create a .cgi script which does
this too.  But I can't seem to figure out how to add eruby as a
handler for .rhtml pages directly.

I am mostly following the instructions here:

  http://www.rubycentral.com/book/web.html
    * Add the following two lines to httpd.conf:
        AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
        Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby

Looks reasonable.  I create a new file like so:

        apt-get install eruby
        cp /usr/bin/eruby /usr/lib/cgi-bin/  # Not really happy about this...

        cat >/etc/apache2/conf.d/eruby <<-EOF
        AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
        Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby
        EOF

        /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
        Reloading web server config...Syntax error on line 3 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/eruby:
        Invalid command 'Action', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Hmm...  I can't get this to work.  Reading the apache docs[1] seems to
indicate that Action is a valid command.  But I am not familiar with
it and I am stuck.  I tried using combinations of AddType and
AddHandler too but no joy.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Bob