Re: pkg-ruby-extras' common position on Rubygems

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:27:26AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> The members of the pkg-ruby-extras team have agreed on a common position
> on RubyGems[0].
>
> [0] http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/rubygems.html
>
> Feel free to read it and comment it here.

To give some more context on the proposal:  the whole proposal was a
result of the dicussions held on ruby-core[1] and on the #debian-ruby
and #RPA IRC channels (on FreeNode).  Although we felt kind of attacked
at first, this proposal does not aim at hitting back at all, but should
just provide a way to coexist and cooperate and make clear where we
stand.

Comments would be much appreciated indeed.

Greetings,

Paul

1: The discussion started when Mauricio Fernandez noticed that RubyGems
   was planned to enter Ruby's core and he thought that might not be a
   such good idea.  If you feel up to it, you can read the entire thread
   (the head of the thread seems missing) at:
   http://ruby-talk.org/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/5840

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: paul@luon.net