Re: CDBS for Ruby

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:02:38AM +0100, Esteban Manchado Velázquez wrote:
>    Is anyone interested in a CDBS file for Ruby? I mean, something like
> ruby-setup-rb.mk, similar to python-distutils.mk and perlmodule.mk.
>
>    I'm working on one, as I have seen no work on that. I'm still
> experimenting, but the current version seems to work moderately well in some
> simple cases.
>
>    I'm attaching it, in case you want to take a look. Comments are, of course,
> very welcome.

I am working on one too!  It seems your class supports multiple
versions and stuff, I have worked on some different things, like
documentation generation.  Maybe we can merge our stuff,
can we talk on the #debian-ruby channel (FreeNode) about this some time?

>    PS: I'm also planning of using some kind of template system to make a
> dh-make-ruby utility, a la dh-make-perl (in fact, what I want is a generic
> system to replace dh-make*). Anyone interested?

Yes, I was also planning that :) I've got more plans, I hope to post
one tonight.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org