Re: ruby-defaults in unstable

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 06:46:02PM +0300, Jani Monoses wrote:
> >>I noticed that the ruby-defaults package in unstable does not reflect the
> >>changes done by merging several modules into libruby in the ruby1.8
> >>package. This seems to lead to conflicts while installing.
> >

> >I have tested this upgrade path thoroughly and had no problems at all
> >with it.  Which tools are you using for updating?  Can you provide the
> >errors?
>
> Ok thanks, I was using dpkg -i after building from source, not apt-get
> since I am on ubuntu.

Ah, yes, that is a problem[1], dpkg doesn't seem to handle some
dependency subtleties, or at least doesn't trust it will be all right
from the start. :)

> Will test with apt-get too.

That should work fine.

> BTW are these two packages all that makes up core ruby?  I want to get
> ubuntu synced to 1.8.2 and to make sure no other package need to be
> synced from debian.

Yes, ruby-defaults and ruby1.8 source package form core Ruby.

Paul

1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ruby/2005/03/msg00001.html

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paul@luon.net