Re: Script for creating a deb package for a custom build of ruby

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 06:04:30PM -0400, newsgroups@johnwlong.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a script for creating a deb package for a custom build of ruby?
> I'm working on my own right now, but my knowlege of Debian, pakaging, and Ruby
> on Debian is quite limited.

The debian dir of the ruby source package can be used. Put it in the custom
ruby source tree, add an entry to debian/changelog and you're ready to go
using dpkg-buildpackage.
For more information on the packaging itself, please refer to the
maintainance guide (apt-get install maint-guide -> /usr/share/doc/maint-guide).

May I know what you are trying to accomplish? Custom build in what way?

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | email: paulvt@debian.org