Re: Hello?

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 14:01 +0100, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> Ar 23/04/2004 am 13:24, ysgrifennodd Thomas Adam:
> >  --- Dafydd Harries <daf@muse.19inch.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, this list has been around for over a month now, and it hasn't
> > > exactly been the hive of activity I expected, so I'm trying to kick off
> > > some discussion by introducing myself.
> >
> > A nice idea! Dafydd is a Welsh name. Whereabouts in Wales are you (or
> > from). I am in England, attending a Univesity degree course.
>
> Dafydd is indeed a Welsh name. :)
>
> I live in Bridgend, which I generally explain as being half way between
> Swansea and Cardiff, since people tend to have some idea of where those
> are.

I live in Columbus, Ohio myself. Pretty dull out here even though I live
in proximity of the second largest University in this country.

> A bit about myself: I'm approaching the end of a degree in Computer
> Science at Reading University. Once that's finished, I'll be starting a
> job working on Debian stuff. Things I enjoy doing: cycling, cooking and
> trying to learn Japanese. (私は 日本語 を 習って います。
> とても 楽しい です!)

ah, I'm also working my way through a Computer Science degree as well as
minors in Spanish and Chinese (who knows, maybe they'll become majors?).
I'm also in the (long) process of becoming a Debian developer, I expect
that to finish somewhere around 2005 :)

As for other activities, I maintain several packages for sid and I enjoy
playing around with new programming languages. Lisp and nesC are my
current toys, but I'm also quite fond of Perl, Ruby and C. Once I get
the time to get back into Ruby more I'll probably look into some Ruby
related packaging.