Re: [Debconf-discuss] Short summary of the XMPP BoF at DebConf17

[W. Martin Borgert]
> there were ten people, having an agile discussion about different
> use cases of XMPP. Those are the points probably most interesting
> to others (IMHO, YMMV, etc.):

Glad to hear there is so much interest. :)

>  - Many suffer of SPIM (spam on IM), there is no silver bullet yet.
>    Debian has gajim-antispam, mod_firewall in prosody-modules etc.
>    Related to Debians XMPP server we will discuss this on Friday.

SPIM is the reason I gave up on the debian XMPP server a few months ago,
with the intention of revisiting the issue once more spam measurements
were in place.  I had another login attempt today, and was sad to
discover that around 1600 spam messages were waiting for me.  Is there
no mechanism in place to remove spam from the server once a source is
identified as a spammer?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen