Re: Installing on VisionFive 2 with M.2 SSD

Hej,

My first post on this list.

Also received my VisionFive 2 and got it to boot the provided image after the mandatory update of the bootloader.

My goals would be in the end
- run a vanilla Debian on it
- run it from NVMe only

This is not possible yet from what i understood as it still requires a custom kernel and NVMe boot will require an not yet released bootloader.

In the meantime the best doc i found is https://jamesachambers.com/starfive-visionfive-2-debian-ssd-boot-guide/ which still requires an SD card to bootstrap the boot. This will be the next thing i'll try.

For aarch64 i found the following resource: https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-arm64/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/ to generate Debian bootable installer images for various SBCs. It would be great to have something similar for RiscV boards.

Will post an update if i succeed with an NVMe.

Best regards,

/Martin