Re: Help to build golang-github-boltdb-bolt on riscv64

I can work on a patch for golang-github-hashicorp-raft-boltdb to remove the boltdb import if that is the best solution.

>>> I suggest an approach that will help resolve this in a more
>>> gradual manner that will mean this issue becomes less annoying:

>>> Add a Debian patch to golang-github-boltdb-bolt fixing the RISC-V
>>> incompatibility, probably you can figure out how the forks of the
>>> boltdb-bolt project did it and then backport that to boltdb-bolt.

>>> Then file Debian bugs and upstream issues for every package in Debian
>>> that uses boltdb-bolt asking them to switch to one of the forks.

>>> Then file a removal request for golang-github-boltdb-bolt but mark it
>>> as blocked by the Debian bug reports about switching away from it.

>>> Then start working through all these projects making patches to do the
>>> switch. Try to get the patches upstream, but when they don't accept
>>> them immediately, then try to get them included in Debian.

>>> Once the removal request has no blocking bugs, then the Debian archive
>>> admins will see that and remove the package.

I also agree this is a good solution. I will work to identify more go packages that are incompatible with riscv because of this dependency tree and write bugs as needed.

Ileana