Re: The brief status of Debian riscv porting --2022/08/12

On Fri, 2022-08-12 at 16:55 +0800, Bo YU wrote:

> Not sure if there are other places or team where real riscv64
> hardware is needed in the future, feedback is welcome if so.

The major one still needed for riscv64 is a porterbox:

https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/BuilddPorterboxSetup

The full list of such places is documented on the new port howto, if
anything is missing or is in the wrong place, please adjust it.

https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/New

Also the page about available/wanted hardware has a similar list.

https://wiki.debian.org/Hardware/Wanted#Available_hardware

> This is an misunderstanding[3] that happened when I was not familiar
> with debian's infra at the time.

I feel a bit responsible for that, but we both didn't have any way of
knowing that on repro-builds, as they have no port requirements docs.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise