Re: Does riscv64 still use emulated buildds?

Hi Simon,

Em dom., 17 de jul. de 2022 às 15:29, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> escreveu:

> There is a long-standing patch in the dbus package that extends an
> arbitrary timeout for various tests from 60 to 1200 seconds when running
> on riscv architectures. This was done because qemu-system-riscv64 was
> used to bootstrap the architecture, and was too slow to run some of the
> dbus tests within their normal timeout (#897607).
>
> Is riscv64 still using emulated buildds, or is it now using real
> hardware with performance characteristics at least as good as other
> slow/embedded architectures like arm and mips? I'd like to drop the
> patch if it no longer serves a purpose.
>
> Please cc me in replies, I am not a riscv64 porter.

Yes, unfortunately there are still many qemu-based builders
(rv-{mit,aurel32}-*) and will continue for a while, as hardware is
dificult to come by due to the world developments in recent years...
there's some hope in the horizon but nothing immediate, sorry.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>