Does riscv64 still use emulated buildds?

There is a long-standing patch in the dbus package that extends an
arbitrary timeout for various tests from 60 to 1200 seconds when running
on riscv architectures. This was done because qemu-system-riscv64 was
used to bootstrap the architecture, and was too slow to run some of the
dbus tests within their normal timeout (#897607).

Is riscv64 still using emulated buildds, or is it now using real
hardware with performance characteristics at least as good as other
slow/embedded architectures like arm and mips? I'd like to drop the
patch if it no longer serves a purpose.

Please cc me in replies, I am not a riscv64 porter.

Thanks,
    smcv