Re: Porting libreoffice to riscv64 arch

Hi,
On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 09:43:28AM +0100, Caol�n McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 2022-05-26 at 10:50 +0800, Bo YU wrote:
To build libreoffice package on riscv64 arch, you need apply the
*patch*[0]...

The code under bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_riscv64/ is the core
of libreoffice supporting riscv, which will support riscv native for
libreoffice.

And now I agree with John said, maye it will get more help from
libreoffice upstream. So, Rene, please do not mind if I am ccing the
libreoffice people. At least, I wish people tell me how to start it:)
[0]:
https://github.com/yuzibo/debian_dev/blob/main/0004-libreoffice-add_support_riscv64.diff

The riscv64 bridge in that patch is a copy of the mips64 one and
presumably doesn't work yet, and the question is how to get it working?

Sorry, you are right. I headless copyed the mips64 code into riscv64 so
that the build process can be arrived at *bridge* part.

What might be useful is the notes at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Lazy_Hackers_Guide_To_Porting which I
put together long ago, it's all out of date, but from point 11
downwards it might still be of some use to see how to incrementally get
a bridge working where IIRC the old

"cd testtools
build"

should be the new

"cd testtools
make check"

Knowing what libffi does for some of the similar things will help
https://github.com/libffi/libffi/tree/master/src/riscv

Thank you, Both of them are valuable references. Will to try it follow
them.

Bo

--
Best Regards,