Re: Cross build application for RISC-V architecture

On Feb 11, 2022, at 4:06 PM, Alexander Barth <alexander.b4rth@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using Debian's development distribution sid in a docker container to cross build my application for the RISC-V architecture on a x64 host.

Some libraries, e.g. libbsd-dev:riscv64, are required to cross build my application.

To that end, here's what I did:

1. Add 'deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main' to /etc/apt/sources.list.
2. wget -O - https://www.ports.debian.org/archive_2022.key | apt-key add -
3. dpkg --add-architecture riscv64
4. apt update

However, it is not possible to install the package 'libbsd-dev:riscv64':

What distribution are you using inside the container? Keep in mind that cross-installing packages from a different architecture requires them to be the same version.

And since Debian Ports supports the unstable distribution only, you have to use unstable for cross-compilation as well.

Adrian