Re: dmidecode

On Tue, 2021-08-03 at 23:51 +0100, Jessica Clarke wrote:

> I’m unaware of any systems that provide it. The whole EDK2+ACPI+SMBIOS
> ecosystem remains rather far off for RISC-V at this point

Is it an option for virtual machines with qemu yet?

> nor worth Ubuntu carrying a patch for.

Heinrich, could you describe Canonical's interest in riscv64 dmidecode?

> dmidecode ... atrocious software engineering practice

Hopefully someone will file a bug/patch about this upstream.

I note there are some alternative implementations:

   https://nongnu.org/dmidecode/ ;(scroll down)

libsmbios is already in Debian but only available on x86.

The Rust based smbios-lib/dmidecode-rs are not in Debian.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise