Re: [sw-dev] Mandating that pcrel_lo and pcrel_hi stay in the same section

On 17 Apr 2019, at 19:16, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net> wrote:

> Ping fwding this in case it has not been seen widely. Is it listed in bugs.debuan.org yet?

I don't see why we need a bug. As far as I'm aware, GNU ld already imposes this
restriction, and neither GCC nor LLVM generate assembly that violates this.
This is merely documenting it so that other implementations (in this case, the
LLVM backend and LLD) have an official statement that they don't need to
implement this, and can thus be simpler. What would the bug be filed against?

James