Re: ELC access to hifive unleashed boards

Hi,

> "Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo" <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In summary: when feasible, and with profiles that make sense, is a
>> good tradeoff to spend some time to add them to the archive, IMO.
>
> Thanks for the thoughts.  Fair enough, just don't let yourself get so
> bogged down "doing things the better way" that progress grinds to a
> halt.  Been there, done that, too.  /o\

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Actually, it's progressing very nicely, no stalling at all, just that
things need a bit of preparation to comply with providing sources and
so on.

I just didn't want to leave things behind, otherwise they will almost
certainly be forgotten.  Things that I've been submitting today
(guile-2.0, needed nowadays for gnumake; and gettext) are very basic
packages that every arch needs from very early on.

Same from other fixes sent/applied by Karsten, or Aurelien -- and many
of these packages need upstream changes, even if usually only a few
lines.

Some of the support for profiles and cross-compilation can even help
to have to speed up things if they work, if native compilations of
critical packages turn out to be very slow (texlive, browsers...).

So yeah, there's been a great progress in the last few days, the
current state of pushing to BTS is an indication of progress ;)

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>