Re: MPICH as default MPI; WAS: MPI debugging workflows

Hi,

Em qua, 3 de out de 2018 às 16:24, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> escreveu:

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 02:02:25PM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> > Any ideas on how to write the ben tracker script? I think it would work by
> > looking for packages with binaries linked to openmpi rather than mpich, but
> > there are a number of packages that would be false positives (HDF5,
> > open-coarrays, etc. ) that build against both.
>
> The bug report I linked in mpi-defaults' README.source contains an
> example.
>
> the false positives could be just handled manually (i.e. listed in the
> transition bug), I don't think there are many that links to both.
>
> Also, please note that mpich never built on riscv64, and is not up2date
> on hppa and ppc64.  I think at least the riscv64 should be handlded
> first, so to avoid being in the same situation again when a single weird
> architecture uses a different MPI implementation.
> I'm CCing debian-riscv@lists.debian.org for this, in case you need help.

>From the riscv64 camp, I built the current version in hardware and
uploaded to "unreleased" in debian-ports:
mpich_3.3~b3-2_riscv64.changes

I suspect that the reason why it doesn't build is timeout in the
tests, due to the buildds being qemu-system.  The timeout can be
increased with environment variables:

  test/mpi/runtests.in:if (defined($ENV{"MPITEST_TIMEOUT"})) {
  test/mpi/runtests.in:    $defaultTimeLimit = $ENV{"MPITEST_TIMEOUT"};
  test/mpi/runtests.in:if (defined($ENV{"MPITEST_TIMEOUT_MULTIPLIER"})) {
  test/mpi/runtests.in:    $defaultTimeLimitMultiplier =
$ENV{"MPITEST_TIMEOUT_MULTIPLIER"};

We can try to send a patch if it helps.

Cheers.
--