Re: Does a netinst iso image exist for qemu RISC-V ?

On 08/07/2018 09:37 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 08/07/2018 03:01 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
Before going through the motions of compiling qemu sources only to have
  a vm running nothing : does a netinst iso image exist for RISC-V ?

I don't think anything like this exists yet. In order to have a installation
image, we would need to have a standard RISC-V platform we can target.

And for that platform, we would need to add support to the debian-installer
package first.

Adrian

OKay, so we have a chicken and egg problem.

Given that there is no such thing as a "standard" platform for RISC-V
then it isn't really reasonable to worry about this. Yet. There is a
lot of talk about RISC-V and only a few companies have begun to really
fabricate some hobby type boards.  The sifive folks are one of them and
their hardware seems to be all that exists. However it is arduino type
stuff or maybe "test" level type of hardware.  So it may be another year
or more before an actual defacto common motherboard exists.

For now I think I will just slide the idea to the side and ignore it
until end of year.  Who knows. Maybe the esperanto.ai folks will deliver
something.  They are talking 7nm fabrication and serious performance.

So, anytime real soon now  :-)

Dennis