Re: ELC access to hifive unleashed boards

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:34:38AM +0100, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> > I'm at ELC for a couple days and have access to use a hifive unleashed
> > board during ELC. I've been interested in risc-v for a while, wondering
> > if there's anything I could do/test on real hardware to help the riscv64
> > port along...
>
> Lucky you :)
>
> Karsten published a repo-in-progress:
>
>   https://people.debian.org/~merker/repositories/risc64-bootstrap-clean/README.riscv64-bootstrap

Hello,

unfortunately we are still quite a bit away from reaching a state
where one could debootstrap a somewhat sensible system from it. It's
slowly getting better, but the emphasis is on slowly...

Any help with the bootstrap process is welcome. Things to be done
during the bootstrap process include:

- getting the "essential" and the "build-essential" sets and their
  transitive (build-)dependencies (which is a _huge_ list) to
  cross-build cleanly

- submitting RISC-V patches to packages that have architecture-specific
  bits (which are quite a few more than one would expect).

- untangling circular build-dependencies by adding build-profile
  support to packages

The wiki page (https://wiki.debian.org/RISC-V) has some information
about getting a multiarch cross-toolchain and setting up
qemu/binfmt-misc, so if you should have some spare time, join in :).

The UDD provides an overview about patches that we currently have
pending:
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?user=debian-riscv@lists.debian.org

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der