Surveys/polls/questionaires/interviews within the Debian project

Hi folks,

do you know of any papers or other publications which used
surveys/polls/questionaires/interviews, ideally email-based in the
Debian project? I am writing up my research approach and while I can
completely back up my choices, it'd be nice to reference other
studies. Unfortunately, I have not found any usable ones. If you
know of publications that make use of survey techniques in our
project, would you be so kind to let me know?

Thanks,

--
Martin F. Krafft        <mailto:martin.krafft@ul.ie>
Ph.D. student           http://phd.martin-krafft.net

I investigate the use and adoption (or rejection) of tools and
techniques in the Debian Project. Specifically, I am investigating
why some approaches to packaging and package maintenance spread very
quickly, while others never get more than a few users. Debian is one
of the largest open-source projects, with several thousand volunteer
contributors. I am one of the developers, and interested in
improving the efficiency of our workflows.

Lero - the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre
University of Limerick, Ireland