Re: Personality traits of (Debian) developers

Hi Martin

Am Montag, den 24.09.2007, 20:41 +0100 schrieb Martin F. Krafft:
> So far, I have found only very little (apart from my own writing and
> blog posts, or wiki pages), and nothing peer-reviewed, and thus I am
> turning to you. Have you any references you could share with me?

Concerning peer-reviewed work on Debian you might want to take a look at
the papers of Siobhán O'Mahony. She did about 50 in-depth interviews
with Debian developers and brings up many quotes in her writing. The
statements are not particularly about skills of Debian developers but
maybe you find some which fit your research question:

O'Mahony, S. (2003). 'Guarding The Commons: How Community Managed
Software Projects Protect Their Work', Research Policy, 32, 1179-1198.

O'Mahony, S. & Ferraro, F. (2007). 'The Emergence Of Governance In An
Open Source Community', Academy of Management Journal, 50. (in print)

Best, Matthias

--
Matthias Stuermer | +41 44 632 89 13 | +41 76 368 81 65
mstuermer@ethz.ch | http://www.smi.ethz.ch