Re: Is it possible to use ben offline?

On 5/14/24 2:17 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
I see that ben has a --mirror option.  But will it work if the "mirror"
is a local archive containing only Bioconductor packages?  Or is there
a way that I can express the concept that "this local archive should be
seen as an additional layer on top of the official mirror", like a PPA
or a backports suite?

The mirror option is used like in apt sources.list to select which host to download the Packages and Sources files from. As `ben download` uses this, you'll need to skip this step and provide the Packages and Sources files yourself.

`ben tracker` should work offline assuming the cache directory has the Packages files for all architectures and the Sources file.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1