Is it possible to use ben offline?

Good morning !

As ben (to R people: it is the transition tracker engine) is packaged
and distributed, I was wondering about using it to prepare a transition
offline.

There has been a new release of Bioconductor and as you know it is a big
transition.  I am considering to run it offline first before doing large
numbers of uploads.  But I am not familiar with ben nor with local
archives.

I see that ben has a --mirror option.  But will it work if the "mirror"
is a local archive containing only Bioconductor packages?  Or is there
a way that I can express the concept that "this local archive should be
seen as an additional layer on top of the official mirror", like a PPA
or a backports suite?

I would appreciate if you could give me some hints about feasibility and
tutorials if there are some.

Have a nice day!

Charles

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Debian Med packaging team         http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med