Release Team concern about mips64el buildd status

Dear mips64el porters,

Recently it came to the attention [1, 2] of the release team that some
buildds for mips64el are still running Debian buster and the others
still bullseye with issues preventing upgrade to bookworm. In our
judgement this is unacceptable and would we have been aware of this at
the beginning of this year, it would most likely have prevented
mips*el being a supported release architecture in bookworm. DSA
already requires support in stable, and we'll be discussing adding
this to the Release Team's requirements too.

Please work together with DSA to improve the situation. Without decent
progress, mips64el will not be part of the next Debian release
(trixie).

On behalf of the Release Team,
Paul

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2023/08/msg00516.html