Re: bookworm release date?

Hi Paul,

Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> (2023-02-17):
> Yes, I know the debian-installer is not a done deal, so kibi, please
> let us know where you think we stand with d-i (briefly is OK, I know
> you normally report extensively elsewhere) and when you think d-i can
> realistically be in a releasable state. (Saying: "in June" is fine,
> than we can plan accordingly).

----BEGIN VERY WILD GUESS----

With a release going out this week-end, I think the next one with
bugfixes or improvements based on user or developer feedback couldn't
happen before 2 weeks. And I'd expect 2 more releases after that to iron
things out, with at least 1 week between each.

That'd mean end of March, beginning April at the soonest.

Depending on what we encounter, and possible changes in other packages
in the archive, we might have various delays, so it's probably best to
add 2-4 extra weeks to that.

I'll let Steve comment on the bootloader aspect (brand new shim just
arrived, not sure how much time / how many iterations we might need to
get it in shape for bookworm; plus we've gotten some fixes in grub but I
think some further changes are planned).

----END VERY WILD GUESS----