Re: bullseye-ignore for embedding different paths if built on merged-/usr systems?

Hi Andreas,

On 10-11-2022 13:50, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
On 10-11-2022 11:45, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
since bullseye mandates that buildd chroots are non-merged-/usr, can we tag bugs about binaries differing (by embedding different paths to "found binaries") when built on merged-/usr systems as bullseye-ignore?

I think it depends. What happens if people rebuild the package on their own system? If that's broken than the bug shouln't be *-ignore in my book.

The package will work fine on the merged-/usr system where it was built, but it might break if put on a different non-merged-/usr system.

Are you really talking about bullseye here, or did you mean bookworm? Because bullseye would be more Adam's territory.

bullseye (and buster). I don't think these bugs warrant a stable-pu upload on their own, but they are RC (and shouldn't be ignored) for bookworm.

Adam (and the other SRU) may be more authoritative on the use of ${stable}-ignore tags, but I'm not aware that they are actively used within the Release Team. We do use ${testing}-ignore tags, currently mostly in the last part of the release process.

Paul