Re: Upcoming stable point release (11.3)

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 04:02:27PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> On 15/03/2022 14:35, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:
> >
> > > The next point release for "bullseye" (11.3) is scheduled for Saturday,
> > > March 26th. Processing of new uploads into bullseye-proposed-updates
> > > will be frozen during the preceding weekend.
> >
> > I opened #1005868 about a month ago (following the advice to ask first
> > before uploading), and haven't had a response. Should I go ahead and
> > make my upload if I want my update to get into 11.3?
>
> I've uploaded bible-kjv 4.34+deb11u1, since that seemed likely to be a good
> way of expediting things. I hope that's OK :)

FWIW (but disclaimer I'm not a release team emmber or a a stable
release manager), it is a valid approach, there was a workflow change
as described here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/04/msg00007.html

That is, if you are confident enough that the upload is good as it is
and will be accepted by the SRM then you can along with filling the
bug, already upload the update as well.

Regards,
Salvatore