Re: checking on bookworm freeze dates proposal

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2022 at 12:03:51PM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> The Release Team would like to propose a bookworm freeze timeline. Don't
> worry, the timeline is a plan, if serious (timing) issues come up we will
> adapt. However, before making the plan public in a wider audience, we'd like
> to know from you if you already foresee clashes in timing from the kernel,
> gcc, binutils and glibc that we should take into account. Does the following
> timeline seem reasonable to you considering plans of your upstream?
>
> (the bullseye schedule + 2 years):
> 2023-01-12 - Milestone 1 - Transition and Toolchain freeze
> 2023-02-12 - Milestone 2 - Soft Freeze
> 2023-03-12 - Milestone 3 - Hard Freeze
> TBA        - Milestone 4 - Full Freeze

For the kernel-team: We need to pick for the bookworm release again a
longterm maintenance release. This means the following: Greg will
usually pick the "last" released kernel of the year to be the LTS one.
It is thus not that important how many stable released already
happened for that particular brnach as it will the longterm
maintained. But we defintively need to pick the correct one on this
regard.

Regards,
Salvatore