Re: Processed: unarchiving 970132

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 01:02:34PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2021-11-19 at 23:36 +0000, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> > Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
> >
> > > unarchive 970132
> > Bug #970132 {Done: "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>}
> > [release.debian.org] buster-pu: package rustc/1.41.1+dfsg1-1~deb10u1
> > Unarchived Bug 970132
>
> I realise this was only unarchived, rather than re-opened, but as I'm
> not sure why you'd do one without intending to do the other - please do
> not re-use the old bug for any further rustc uploads; those should be
> tracked in a new bug.
>
> If I've misunderstood the intention then apologies.

Hi Adam,

I was attempting to follow-up with Adrian concerning his last message
about the armel build failure.  I downloaded the bug as mbox, then
replied to Adrian and the bug but the reply to the bug was rejected
because it was archived.  I tried to unarchive and subscribe then reply
again, but I that didn't work either (it seems because I didn't allow
sufficient time for the unarchive to process before re-sending the
reply).

I definitely intend to open a new bug for the 1.51 upload I am preparing
now.  If it would be better for the old bug to be archived and for no
further discussion to take place in that bug, then I can go ahead and
archive it again, or you can.

Regards,

-Roberto

--