Re: youtube-dl: needs version update to 2021.05.16 to continue working with youtube

Hi Andreas,

[diclaimer: i'm not a release team member.]

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 05:31:48AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi release team,
[...]
> I do not want to do an upload to unstable without your agreement and I
> hope you can come up with some good advise what to do.
[...]

a.) since about 10 years or so the release team asks for bugs to be filed for such
requests, as debian-release is a too busy mailing list so things are likely to
fall under the carpet if not.

b.) if *you* think the changes are suitable for bullseye, you can upload to unstable.

c.) if you are unsure, you can always upload to experimental.

d.) if no diff is provided, either here in a bug or via an upload, how should the
release team evaluate your request? So, please either upload or attach the diff
here^win a bug against release.debian.org which is yet to be filed.

> PS: Please be so kind to CC me in your replies.

done.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

In Europe there are people prosecuted by courts because they saved other people
from drowning in the  Mediterranean Sea.  That is almost as absurd  as if there
were people being prosecuted because they save humans from drowning in the sea.