Re: debianutils still blocked from migration

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 06:02:11AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> This bug was "fixed" by adding breaks.  Also there is still a CTTE bug
> open.

I am aware of both. You might have noticed that I did contribute to the
CTTE bug.

If you disagree with the way the bug was addressed (which seems to be a
reasonable position to me), the bug should be reopened. Otherwise the
maintainer is not aware that there is a problem.

Using a CTTE bug itself as a reason for blocking a package sounds bad to
me as we all know how long CTTE bugs take to resolve. My suggestion to
issue a temporary ruling seems to have been ignored entirely. At least
it has been delayed for so long that it no longer makes sense. It seems
most likely to me that the CTTE is going to decline overruling the
maintainer here.

Neither of these issues are actionable for the maintainer, so neither
are good reasons for continuing to block debianutils.

I am not denying that there might be good reasons to continue blocking,
but then I find it unfair to not communicate them clearly by means of an
rc-bug. Continuing to block debianutils on the grounds of a closed bug
feels passive aggressive to me. It attempts to hide the underlying
conflict instead of taking steps to resolve it. That way it harms our
community.

Please continue Ccing me.

Helmut