Re: Finding a tentative bullseye release date

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote (Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:13:15 +0200):
> D-I Bullseye RC 1 was published a few hours ago. And at the risk of
> sounding like a broken record: I have *absolutely no guarantee* to
> have a fix or workaround for the amdgpu issue in less than a month,
> that would be tested somewhat.
>
> Can we please *not* release with black screens for AMD users?

Moreover, it's not just an AMD issue.
We got a confirmation just now on debian-boot, that also NVIDIA users can
get affected by this:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2021/04/msg00225.html
Some months ago, I have confirmed with that user, that missing firmware
is indeed the issue there!

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076