Re: Finding a tentative bullseye release date

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:54:59 +0200):
> Hi,
>
> Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> (2021-04-09):
> > The Release Team believes that the state of bullseye is pretty good.
> > Yes, there are some blocking bugs [1] and d-i and shim still need some
> > love, but the state is much better than we remembered from the same
> > time in buster.
>
> As already explained, trying to release in April/May wasn't quite
> anticipated, and there's still ground to cover on the d-i side.

Trying to minimize the work load for kibi:
@kibi: (given there are no objections against this from you?):

Maybe the release-team could look into the pending unblock issues for d-i
in the meantime?
Most of them should be quite unproblematic, since they only contain translation
updates.

A bit more of an issue would be tasksel.
1. Currently there is 3.65 in sid, which needs to migrate to bullseye.
2. A problem came up during freeze regarding input methods for several
   languages:
   Starting with bullseye, GNOME depends on ibus, which is not fully
   compatible with the view of some language teams, who would like to
   prefer fcitx.
   The best way to get this situation fixed would require some new
   binary packages to be added to Bullseye (would only be tasks packages,
   so no new code/functions to be added!).
   A thread regarding this started at
	https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2021/03/msg00058.html
   and the release-team was also added to the loop at some point.
   Maybe release-team could look into this too, and try to make a
   decision?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076