Re: gavodachs2-server broken in unstable

Paul,

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 11:19:45AM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> our list. Next time, please file a unblock report to discuss such
> issues, as they stay on our radar (you can add "pre-approval" to the title).

Ok, thanks (I was reluctant because of the large attachment).

> On 18-03-2021 12:42, Markus Demleitner wrote:
> > put up at https://docs.g-vo.org/dachs2.debdiff for now, as I'm really
> > Is there any chance to get that into bullseye?
>
> The debdiff is mostly big because you added pyparsing.py. Maybe you can
> show where it comes from? I understand it is in buster. Are there any
> known issues there? Is it identical? I'm also missing the copyright
> statement about that file in d/copyright.

It's just /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyparsing.py from buster
python3-pyparsing (2.2.0+dfsg1-2).  With "show" you're thinking of
mentioning that in the changelog?

That pyparsing is just fine.

And yes, I forgot amending d/copyright for the extra file.  I'll
fix this.

> > You see, the package as it's in now really is basically useless for
> > what people will want to do with it.
>
> Why is this not reflected by the severity of the bugs?

I assigned them based on the consideration that *some* functionality
is ok.  Of course, that happens to not be what most people will want
to use the software for.

> > undertaking; the grammars that are affected have hundreds of symbols,
> > and I estimate about 200 non-trivial changes would be necessary to
> > make things work.
>
> I get you're also upstream?

Yes.

> Not saying I'd unblock this, but it's not hopeless.

So, you're saying I should file an unblocking bug with a debdiff with
d/copyright fixed?

Thanks,

                Markus