Re: Revert some Go packages in unstable to align with testing/buster

Paul,

On 01/06/2019 13:14, Paul Gevers wrote:

> Just for your information, the golang security situation is the major
> reason why we don't have a release date for buster yet. I hope the
> Debian golang community is taking the situation very seriously.

Wow. This was not clear to me at all! I have been quite inactive since
the deep freeze started, so I might have missed it, but I did not see
anything of this sort, and I am sorry we are creating a roadblock.

Now, still to this day it is also not clear to me what we can do to
address this problem, could you elaorate?

I have to say, it feels a bit weird that golang is singled out from
other statically compiled languages that present similar challenges.

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)