Re: Revert some Go packages in unstable to align with testing/buster

Hi everybody,

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019, Paul Gevers wrote:
On that topic, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that soon after
the release of buster we will most likely remove Go and it's reverse
dependencies from testing and prevent them from entering again until the
infrastructure issues are solved.

I wonder why there is a difference between nodejs and Go packages. Security issues within nodejs packages are mostly ignored, however they are not hindered to enter testing.

PS: I am still seeing new upstream version uploads to unstable. I would
have expected that it is clear by now that probably isn't smart. At the
very least, it doesn't send a good message.

While looking at the golang-* uploads in May, I only found one upload of a new version to unstable after the mentioned list has been created. Given that the upload a few days earlier went to experimental, I would say that this was just an error.

  Thorsten