Re: Bits from the Release Team: ride like the wind, Bullseye!

> No binary maintainer uploads for bullseye
>
> The release of buster also means the bullseye release cycle is about to begin.
> From now on, we will no longer allow binaries uploaded by maintainers to
> migrate to testing. This means that you will need to do source-only uploads if
> you want them to reach bullseye.

[...]

>   Q: I needed to do a binary upload because my upload went to the NEW queue,
>      do I need to do a new (source-only) upload for it to reach bullseye?
>   A: Yes. We also suggest going through NEW in experimental instead of unstable
>      where possible, to avoid disruption in unstable.

I think this is bad advice, because with long running builds, you'll get stuck
in NEW twice, once doing the upload in experimental, and then doing the source
only upload to unstable, because your binary packages got already removed, and
the builds from the buildds land in NEW again.  So if you want to enforce that,
it would be better to avoid that extra work on the FTP team, and the package
uploaders.

Matthias