Re: Fixing Linux getrandom() in stable

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 23:46 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> It is unlikely that any further fix will be forthcoming on the kernel
> side, so I believe that we need to do one of:
>
> 1. Add entropy to the kernel during boot; either:
>    a. Improve systemd-random-seed
>    b. Recommend use of haveged

There's also something which might be worth trying in coordination with
upstream: credit entropy for platform RNG like RDRAND/RDSEED. It obviously
won't fix the problem everywhere, but at least on “recent” Intel platforms
there should be an entropy source available without any further initialization
(unlike the TPM for example).

I know about the trust issues wrt. Intel, but maybe that should be revisited?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis