Re: sphinxsearch (2.2.11-1.1) crash dump bug

On Sat, 2017-08-19 at 18:12 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM, VovansystemS <vovansystems@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > We faced a devastating issue on our production server with
> > sphinxsearch (2.2.11-1.1)
> >
> > searchd --version
> > Sphinx 2.2.11-id64-release (95ae9a6)
> >
> > From time to time searchd crashes. We were using monit to monitor the
> > state of the service and restart, while waited for the updated
> > version.
> >
> > My investigation showed that this is a well-known bug described:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=869097
> > http://sphinxsearch.com/forum/view.html?id=14961
> >
> > and it is already solved on github for 2.2 here:
> > https://github.com/sphinxsearch/sphinx/commit/1c1800755d99e4c5d3cfb5d15ac316383dc97cbd
> >
> > Can you please include this fix into current stable package (as it is
> > not "stable" in fact now :) )? Many people are suffering.
> >

> @release-team, how do you feel about backporting this patch?

The patch doesn't appear to be in unstable yet - in fact, stable and
unstable have exactly the same version of sphinxsearch.

The first step in any such process is to get the bug fixed in unstable,
and then open a "p-u" tagged bug against release.debian.org with a
debdiff of a minimally changed package built and tested against stable.

See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/11/msg00009.html
for more information, including "[p]lease don't post a message on the
debian-release mailing list and expect it not to get lost".

Regards,

Adam