Re: Decide proper solution for binutils' mips* bug

I would like to mention that in my previous mail I forgot another possible fix
for this bug: going back to binutils 2.27. The current uploads are snapshots
of the next version, 2.28, and whereas the bug in question seems to habe been
there all the time it started to affect us since a commit in the to-be 2.28
version.

I've asked Matthias in [msg217] if there are any technical reasons to really
go for 2.28 instead of 2.27. So far I did not get a reply to that.

[msg217] <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=844227#217>

I've taken a look at binutil's [changelog] and there seems to be Debian-
related bugs closed there, but it's not up to me to say wether the mips* bug
has more precedence or not over the others.

[changelog] <http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/b/binutils/
binutils_2.27.90.20170109-1_changelog>

Thanks, Lisandro.

--