Re: mariadb-10.1 fails to propagate to testing

On Sun, 2017-11-26 at 17:53 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> So essentially if mariadb-10.1 migrated a mariadb-10.1 with mariadb-
> test would be replaced by a mariadb-10.1 without mariadb-test?

That appears to be the net effect, yes.

> Given that afaict mariadb-test has no reverse dependencies could you
> consider forcing the migration?
>
> I am asking since mariadb blocks exim, which urgently needs an
> update.

A test run suggests that hitting mariadb-10.1 with a large hammer has
no negative effect beyond the -test binary package disappearing, so
given the number of migrations that are currently blocked behind it
(hurrah for symbols changes) I've added a force-hint for tonight's
britney run, which should unblock things.

(I'm still not entirely clear why britney isn't just doing the right
thing here anyway.)

Regards,

Adam