Re: mariadb-10.1 fails to propagate to testing

On 2017-11-26 "Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-11-26 at 16:22 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> mariadb-10.1 1:10.1.29-6 seems to be stuck in sid. It does not
>> propagate to testing although
>> https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=mariadb-10.1 lists it as
>> valid candidate.

>> Could you please check the cause?

> There's a bit of backstory, but effectively: the mariadb-test binary
> package in testing is built from the mariadb-10.1 source package, and
> has strictly versioned dependencies on other binaries built from that
> source package. In unstable, the mariadb-10.2 source package builds the
> binary package instead, but FTBFS on several architectures so is not a
> candidate. The net result is that when britney tries to migrate mariadb
> -10.1 1:10.1.29-6, the mariadb-test binary package in testing becomes
> uninstallable, and the migration attempt is aborted.

Hello,

So essentially if mariadb-10.1 migrated a mariadb-10.1 with mariadb-test
would be replaced by a mariadb-10.1 without mariadb-test?

Given that afaict mariadb-test has no reverse dependencies could you
consider forcing the migration?

I am asking since mariadb blocks exim, which urgently needs an update.

Thanks, cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'