Re: About upgrade jessie - stretch

Dennys Rodrigues:
> *Hi, I'm having a problem updating, when I run the command "apt-get update"
> The following problem returns me:* *Downloaded 5,609 kB in 7s (781 kB / s)
> W: There are no public keys for the following key IDs: EF0F382A1A7B6500 W:
> Failed to fetch http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable/InRelease
> <http://www.deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable/InRelease> Unable to find the
> expected 'main / binary-powerpc / Packages' entry in the Release file
> (wrong entry in sources.list or malformed file ) E: Some index files failed
> to download. They were ignored or the old ones were used instead.*
>
> *Please tell me*
> *I am looking forward to using Debian 9. Which safer update command?
> Apt-get dist-upgrade? or Apt full-upgrade?*
>
> *Atenciosamente;        *
> *        Denis Rodrigues*

Hi,

Unfortunately, the official Debian stretch do not support powerpc[1] and
therefore it is not possible to upgrade.

If your system is compatible with the "ppc64el" architecture (64bit
little endian powerpc), you may be able reinstall your system as a
ppc64el.  Alternatively, there are also other powerpc variants on
debian-ports[2], which hosts Debian on "non-release" architectures.

Thanks,
~Niels

[1]
https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html