unblocking for stretch point release?

Hello,

I first understood the latest mail to -announce ("Planned release of
stretch") to mean that propagation from sid to stretch is not possible
anymore (except for critical fixes).

However now that I am in a position of wanting to get something into the
1st point release I am wondering whether that is true (and I need to
prepare an additional upload for proposed updated) or whether
propagation from sid to stretch r1 is possible.

cu Andreas
PS: (Just for completeness sake: This mail was triggered by Gnutls
CVE-2017-7507.)
so grateful to you.'