Bug#842177: transition: hdf5
On 2016-10-26 19:03, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
On 10/26/2016 06:46 PM, Gilles Filippini wrote:
I've checked the build of every reverse dependencies. These few ones
are of concern:
* libsis-jhdf5-java : unmaintained upstream - low popcon
* pytables : doesn't support new hdf5 API - popcon about 3000 - no
* yorick-hdf5 : desing flaw - no support for 64bits integers - popcon
about 300 - no reverse dependencies
* insighttoolkit4 : in progress; looking for a box with enough RAM -
rather low popcon
* ants : in progress; build depends on insighttoolkit4 - raher low
From the above packages, the only real concern is pytables. A
discussion is ongoing on email@example.com, and I'm confident we'll
find a solution before the Stretch freeze.
pytables does have several reverse dependencies, who in turn have
several reverse dependencies too. pytables in the dependency chain of
geopandas, having it removed from stretch would be very sad.
Ooops, sorry, I didn't noticed that. Actually I checked weeks ago and
didn't remember there were reverse depends. My bad.
But as said above, I'm confident we'll find a solution for pytables
before the Strtch freeze. It would be removed from testing only for a
insighttoolkit4 is in the dependency chain of otb, and like pytables
having it removed from stretch would be very sad. Even more than
I've successfully tested today a full insighttoolkit4 build for unstable
on a stronger box than mine. I'll rebuild tomorrow against hdf5-1.10.
I'm rather confident about this one too.